Moroccan Mint Tea is a combination of green tea, spearmint leaves and sugar.
The tea is poured into the glasses from a height apart from it looking cool it also helps to swirl the loose tea leaves to the bottom of the glass.
Traditionally the tea is served three times, you will find each glass you enjoy will have a unique flavour due to the amount of time the tea has been steeping in the pot.
- 2-3 Spoons of green tea (depending on what strength you want) to the pot
- Add a full tea glass of hot water
- Place on the boil and wait until tea starts to absorb the water, be careful not to burn the tea.
- Pour out the water.
- Rinse the tea 3 times with hot water
- Fill up the teapot and place on the stove to boil.
- Prepare the mint (approx a handful), rinse with water and tear off the stem.
- Cut the mint in half and add to the tea
- Add the sugar (approx 4 big blocks)
- Serve and enjoy 🙂